The Diving Championships will be held on Saturday, February 26, 2022 at the Bloomsburg Middle School. Swimming Districts will be held at Williamsport Area High School on Wednesday, March 2, and Thursday, March 3, 2022. The State Swimming and Diving Championships will return to Bucknell University March 16-19, 2022.
Cell: (570) 419-0532
- Swimming Information
- District Qualifying Times
- 3-year Times Compilation
- Meet Entries
- Past Champions
- Results: Diving | Swim Day 1 | Swim Day 2
Past Championship Results
Past Championship Entries
- 2020-21 District Meet Entries
- 2019-20 District Meet Entries
- 2018-19 District Meet Entries
- 2017-18 District Meet Entries
2021-22 District IV Swimming Information
This year we will return to 2019-20 swimming events format, with both girl and boy swimmers competing on each day. Events on Wednesday will start with the 200 yard medley relay, the 100 yard butterfly, and conclude with the 200 yard freestyle relay. On Thursday, the events start with the 100 yard freestyle and conclude with the 400 yard freestyle relay. (We will stay with this format unless Williamsport School District would mandate that we limit the number of competitors each day).
Your swimmers must meet these time standards in a PIAA OFFICIATED MEET during the 2021-2022 season in order to compete at the district meet. Each individual event will be limited to 16 swimmers (2 heats) except for the 50 and 100 yard freestyle - 24 swimmers (3 heats). Relays will be limited to 2 heats. The second attachment is a comparison of previous years from 2018-2020 showing previous qualifying times, 1st-last place times, etc. for a reference for coaches and swimmers.
Once swimmers with automatic times are seeded in each event, the remaining slots will be filled based on the top times. The top 25/30 times per event will be listed on the District IV website. IMPORTANT - COACHES, you MUST SUBMIT your meet results within 7 DAYS of your scheduled meet. Once the date passes the results will not be included in the database.
Submitting Meet Results
- Send as a PDF
- Include any independent swimmers
- Home team submits results, but visiting teams could also send their results
- Send results to each of the 2 sites listed below:
- MEET RESULTS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITHIN 7 DAYS!
Williamsport High School has an 8 lane pool with electronic timing (Colorado System).
Each team shall be permitted to enter a maximum of four (4) entries in an individual event, and one (1) relay team in a relay event, providing the swimmers meet the qualifying restrictions. Please include a roster of all male and female swimmers in Hy-Tek. It is also important that coaches include male and female divers on your roster in Hy-Tek so their points they score are included in the final meet score. This will also enter them in the State Meet if they qualify.
Schools that do not sponsor swimming may not enter relay teams.
Automatic qualifying time standards must be met by February 25, 2022 in order to compete. All qualifying times must be met in PIAA-sanctioned meets (i.e. not YMCA, US Swim, etc.). Please indicate if times were met in a 25-meter pool, and please convert times to the 25-yard standard.
In the event of inclement weather on Wednesday or Thursday evening the tentative makeup for swimming will be announced with dates, location, and times on the district 4 website(piaad4.net). Coaches will also be notified by email of cancellation of the scheduled dates. In the event diving is also postponed we will announce new dates and times as soon as possible. Please let your athletes and coaches know this immediately. Coaches please include your EMAIL address, and CELL # on your entries in case of cancellations and postponents.
- Swimming entry information will be sent in a follow-up email from Brad Smith (email@example.com). This will contain entry file information, time frames for entries, and instructions for independent coaches.
- Boys and girls will advance a minimum of one (1) swimmer to the PIAA Championship Swimming Meet. Subsequent PIAA qualifiers will be announced early the week prior to the PIAA Championships.
- Up to four swimmers per school per event may be entered in the meet. One relay per school per relay event. A maximum of 8 swimmers can be listed per relay event.
- Each athlete may swim 1 individual event and 3 relays, or 2 individual events and 2 relays.
- All entries for swimmers (individual or relays) must include:
- Full name
- Grade (#)
- School Name
- Locker room facilities will be provided. Swimmers are responsible for their own valuables. The auxiliary gymnasium will be available for any swimmer who just needs a quiet area.
- Officials and coaches ONLY will be permitted in the pool office.
- Swimmers who are not competing will not be permitted on the pool deck.
- An Athletic Trainer will be available on site for assistance to swimmers as needed.
- Medals will be awarded to the first 4 places in individual and relay events.
- Spectator admission will be $6.00 for everyone. TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED FROM HOMETOWN TICKETING ON THE D4 WEBSITE. NO same day sales.
- PIAA Championship Programs and Merchandise will be sold at the event in the lobby. Merchandise will also be available to purchase on line at the D 4 website
- A concession stand will be available each evening.
- All spectators will enter through the main lobby at the front of the Commons Area
Team buses may drop off swimmers in the bus loop in front of the commons area and then must park in A Lot.
Team vans may use spot in B Lot.
Personal vehicles may park in B Lot. Security will be available to direct traffic.
The natatorium will not open early. Please advise your teams not to arrive early-the pool will open at 4:00 pm.
ALL spectators enter at through the doors in the commons area of the building.
Swimming entry information will be sent in a follow-up email by Brad Smith.
- Open warm-ups begin at 4:00 p.m. for both days. Swimmers will not be permitted on deck before 3:50 p.m. and they will not be permitted into the building before 3:00 pm – so please plan accordingly. All lanes will be open for warm-ups.
- The pool will be cleared at 5:40 p.m.
- The meet begins at 6:00 p.m. on both days. DOORS WILL OPEN FOR THE PUBLIC AT 5 pm
- Coach's scratch meeting at 4:30 p.m. – The head swimming coach must attend in classroom A-126 off of the hallway upstairs. The Captain (1) meeting for all team captains and independent swimmers will be held on the pool deck at 5:45pm.
Event Schedule (Wendesday) - For both male and female swimmers.
- 200 Medley Relay
- 200 Free
- 200 IM
- 50 Free
- 100 Fly
- 200 Free Relay
Event Schedule (Thursday) - For both male and female swimmers.
- 100 Free
- 500 Free
- 100 Back
- 100 Breast
- 400 Free Relay
2021-22 District IV Diving Information
The District IV AA Diving Championships will be held on Saturday, February 26, 2022 at the Bloomsburg Middle School.
Bloomsburg Middle School has two (2) one-meter diving boards for the diving competition.
The time schedule for the District IV Diving Championships and team warm-ups at Bloomsburg Middle School is as follows below:
All divers must be entered into the meet, online by Tuesday February 22, 2022 prior to 8:00 p.m. Coaches should enter their divers using web entries. The Omadatrak website for entries will open as soon as you receive this email, and will close on February 22 at 8:00pm. This site will display our meet which is named 2022 District 4 Diving Championships. The contest password is d4championship. Brad Smith is working with the diving entries and his email is firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions concerning the entry process contact him. For the diving web entry system instructions go to http://divingentries.omadatrak.com. The Diving Entry System Instructions are included as an attachment in this email.
9:00 am - FEMALE WARM-UP TIME
9:45 am - FINAL FEMALE DIVE SHEETS REQUIRED (Signed at the Scorers Table)
10:00 am - FEMALE COMPETITION BEGINS
AWARDS FOLLOW COMPETITION (medals awarded to top 4 places)
THE FOLLOWING TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE:
12:30 pm - MALE WARM-UP TIME
1:15 pm - FINAL MALE DIVE SHEETS REQUIRED (Signed at the Scorers Table)
1:30 pm - MALE COMPETITION BEGINS
AWARDS FOLLOW COMPETITION (medals awarded to top 4 places)
All diving programs will be completed online as previously stated with instructions. All rules from the Federation Rules Book will apply. The additional requirements are:
- All dives listed on diving entry must have been performed during the season. awarded a final average score of 5.0 or higher in any given meet
- Dives may be challenged. Coaches should have all of their diving score sheets (signed by referee) in their possession at officials meeting prior to the start of the Diving Championships to answer any challenges.
- Each diver must achieve a score of 90 points in 6 dives with no DD factored into the score.
- Each diver shall do eleven (11) dives: five (5) voluntary dives and six (6) optional dives. Rule 9: Section 4, Article 1d.
- The five voluntary dives shall come from each of the five groups, and shall not have a combined DD of groups greater than 9.0. Of the six optional dives, no more than one optional dive from the same group is permitted through the semi-finals. (Rule #9, Section 4, Article 1.)
- Information for each diver entered must include:
- Grade (#)
- School Name
Divers must have successfully completed all optional dives listed on the entry form, prior to attempting those dives in the championship meet.
- When you arrive at Bloomsburg Middle School, please check with the meet scorer, at the scorer's table. The athlete and coach must sign a hard copy of the dive sheet. If a coach wishes to change the dive list on Saturday, that must be done by 9:45 am for FEMALE Divers and 1:15pm for MALE Divers(approximately)
- Please Contact Janis Arp if you have any questions. Please be sure to include a coach's telephone number and email address with all entries and inquiries so that we may contact you quickly in case of weather concerns or other questions.
- 2 Male and 2 Female Divers will advance to the State Meet
- Medals will be awarded to the first 4 places in the girls and boys competitions
Bloomsburg Health and Safety Protocols:
- Spectators will be permitted(masks required). No admission fee.
- Divers, coaches, and spectators will be required to follow the Health and Safety Protocols for Bloomsburg Athletics.
- Masks must be worn from arrival to departure by everyone in attendance.
- Divers need to be masked once they exit the pool. Masks should be placed in a readily available area to ensure this happens.
- Divers should be socially distanced and wear masks at all times when not competing.