Enclosed are the materials for the 2020-2021 District IV AA Swimming and Diving Championships. The PIAA District IV Diving Championships will be held at the Bloomsburg Middle School on Saturday, February 27, 2021. Swimming will be held at the Williamsport Area High School on Wednesday, March 3 and Thursday, March 4, 2021. (Please note that this material may pertain to your school, even if you do not sponsor a swim team). It is possible for individual swimmers and divers to qualify for the district meet.
Cell: (570) 419-0532
Past Championship Entries
2020-21 District IV Diving Information
The time schedule for the District IV Diving Championships and team warm-ups at Bloomsburg Middle School is as follows below:
All divers must be entered into the meet, ONLINE by Monday, February 22, 2021 prior to 4pm. Coaches should enter their divers using web entries. The Omadatrak website for entries will open on February 8, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. and will close on February 22, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. This site will display our meet, which is named District IV Diving Championships. The meet password is d4championship. Brad Smith is working with the diving entries and his email is firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions concerning the entry process, please contact him. For the diving web entry system instructions, please go to http://divingentries.omadatrak.com.
9:00 a.m. - Male warm-up time
9:45 a.m. - Final Male Dive Sheets Required (signed at the scorers table)
10:00 a.m. - Male Competition begins
12:30 p.m. - Female warm-up time
1:15 p.m. - Final Female Dive Sheet Required
1:30 p.m. - Female Competition begins
All diving programs will be completed online as previously stated with instructions.
All rules from the Nation Federation Rules Book will apply. The additional requirements are:
- All dives listed on the diving entry must have been performed during the current competition season.
- Each diver must achieve a score of 90 points in 6 dives with no DD factored into the score.
- Dives may be challenged. Coaches should have all of their diving score sheets (signed by the referee) in their possession at the officials' meeting prior to the start of the Diving Championships to answer any challenges.
- Rule 9: Section 2, Article 2 permits the finalists in the Diving Competition to be reseeded from lowest to highest score after the semi-finals are complete.
- Divers must have successfully completed all optional dives, listed on the entry form, prior to attempting those dives at the championship meet.
- Each diver shall do eleven (11) dives: five (5) voluntary dives and six (6) optional dives, as specified in Rule 9: Section 4, Article 1d.
- Rule 9, Section 4, Article 1d – The five voluntary dives shall come from each of the five groups, and shall not have a combined DD of groups greater than 9.0. Of the six optional dives, no more than one optional dive from the same group is permitted through the semi-finals.
- Information for each diver entered must include:
- GRADE (#)
- SCHOOL NAME
Instructions for Online Entry for the PIAA District IV Diving Championships
- When you arrive at Bloomsburg Middle School, please check with the Meet Scorer at the Scorer's Table. The athlete and coach must sign a hard copy of the dive sheet. If a coach wishes to change the dive list on Saturday, that must be done by 9:45 am for MALE Divers and 1:15 pm for FEMALE Divers.
- Please contact Janis Arp if you have any questions. Please be sure to include a coach's telephone number and email address with all entries so that we may contact you quickly, in case of weather concerns or other questions.
- 1 MALE Diver and 1 FEMALE Diver will advance to the State Meet.
Bloomsburg Athletics Health and Safety Protocols
- Due to the size of our pool, maximum occupancy guidelines, and following our Health and Safety Plan, we will not be allowing any fans to be in attendance.
- Masks must be worn from the time of arrival on campus through the time of departure by everyone in attendance. Game Management will initially speak to coaches, if they deem there is an issue with an athlete or coach not complying. Failure to comply will result in removal from the premises.
- COACHES – please exchange your PHAC COVID form upon arrival.
- Divers need to be masked once they exit the pool. Masks should be placed in a readily-available area to ensure this happens quickly.
- Divers must be socially distanced and wear masks at all times if they are not competing.
- Team Areas will be marked with X's for social distancing.
2020-21 District IV Swimming Information
- The pool opens for split warm-ups on both days. The following teams will swim from 4:00 - 4:45 p.m. (1 lane/team) The coaches scratch meeting will be held in A-126 at 5:15 p.m.
- From 4:00 - 4:45 p.m.: Danville, Central Columbia, Lewisburg, North Penn-Mansfield, Milton, Jersey Shore, Independents
- From 4:45 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.: Athens, Bloomsburg, Shamokin, Mount Carmel, Towanda, Independents
- The pool will be cleared at 5:40 p.m.
- The meet begins at 6:00 p.m.
- Captain meeting at 5:45 p.m. on the pool deck (this includes a captain from each independent school).
- There will be no spectators. Plans are underway to do a pay-per-view livestream of the meet.
- Swimming entry information will be sent in a follow-up email from Brad Smith.
- The winner of each event will be the only swimmer to advance to the State Meet (unless they swim one of the top 4 times in the state).
- A team may enter up to 4 swimmers per event.
- Only 1 relay team may be entered per event. (4 alternates can be listed, but only 1 swimmer will be permitted on site).
- Each swimmer may swim 1 individual event and 3 relays or 2 individual events and 2 relays.
- All entries for swimmers (individual and relays) must include:
- Full name
- Grade (#)
- School name
- Locker rooms will be available, but not shared. All items should be brought to your respective team areas.
- Chairs and Balcony/Bleacher space will be assigned to each team during the District 4 Meet. Teams are able to keep their belongings in that area.
- An Athletic Trainer will be on site for assistance to swimmers.
- Medals will be awarded to individuals and relays who place first (1st) – third (3rd). There will be no awards presentations, coaches will be given the medals.
- No concessions
- PIAA DISTRICT IV merchandise can be purchased through the District IV website - piaad4.net. The website is now open to purchase swimming and diving merchandise. Orders will be delivered to the district meets, and given to your coach.
- Only 2 coaches per team will be permitted on the pool deck.
- Independent coaches need written authorization from the school administration on school letterhead that they are the designated coach.
- Letters of accommodation from PIAA must be presented. Medical scripts from a MD or DO for tape, wraps, or medical supports are to be presented.
Williamsport Health and Safety Protocols
- Due to the size of our pool, maximum occupancy guidelines from the state will not allow any fans to be in attendance for swimming.
- Masks must be worn from the time of arrival on campus through the time of departure by everyone in attendance - Game Management will initially speak to coaches if they deem there is an issue with an athlete or coach not complying – failure to comply will result in removal from the premises.
- Coaches: please submit your School COVID form upon arrival.
- Swimmers need to be masked once they exit the pool - masks should be placed in an available area.
- Swimmers must be socially distanced and wear masks at all times if they are not competing.
- Teams will be assigned team areas in the pool area and balcony.