Attached are the necessary forms for the 2018 District IV Softball Play-offs. Please forward all of these forms to your athletic director. Any questions that you may have regarding these forms and regulations can be directed to Curt Chilson at Muncy High School. You may also speak with us at the spring meeting, which will be held at the Watson Inn in Watsontown on Monday, April 23, 2018.
The entry form should be emailed (preferably) or faxed by Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 12:00 Noon. All schools should send the entry form, even if the school doesn’t qualify, we need all schools to be accounted for with the tournament. Games must be played by Saturday, May 19, 2018 to qualify for the play-offs during the 2018 District tournament. Play-offs will start the week of May 21, 2018. Please make sure all coaches are made aware of all rules and regulations, especially the baseball pitch count rules.
200 West Penn St.
Muncy, PA 17756
Home: (570) 329-1026
Office: (570) 546-3127, ext. 3630
Cell: (570) 971-3069
Fax: (570) 546-7688
- Championship Entry Form
- Playoff Standings
- Playoff Brackets
District IV Softball Playoff Rules and Regulations
- There shall be Six (6) classes of competition open to all member schools in good standing in the PIAA who have won at least 50% of their games. To qualify for the tournament, a minimum of 11 games must be played for the season through Saturday, May 19, 2018. All games played through Saturday, May 19 will count toward seeding and qualifying for the playoffs.
- Only PIAA approved officials will be used as umpires in all games. The Officials' Representatives of the District IV Committee shall assign the umpires for all games. There will be two umpires for preliminary and quarter-final games and four umpires for semi-final and final games. (District IV will pay for all officials.)
- The admission price to the semi-final (softball) and final games will be $6.00 for adults and $4.00 for students, which includes all taxes. There will be no charge for preliminary games. First and second round games will be played on the home field of the higher seeded team. Semi-final games will be played at the Moser Complex in Turbotville.
- Game managers will be assigned to each game and have overall responsibility for the game. The Softball Chairperson of District IV will have complete charge of the championship games.
- The District Committee will be responsible for all finances in the tournament.
- The seeding process for the District IV tournament will use the following criteria:
- Winning percentages (Seeded per winning percentages and all ties will use the following)
- Most Wins
- Least losses (accounts for ties)
- Coin Flip
- The higher seeded team for baseball and softball will always be the home team.
- The record sheet should be emailed or faxed so it is received by Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 12:00 noon. Please list all scheduled games whether they have been played or not on the entry form. Also indicate the date that un-played games are scheduled to be played. The record sheet should be sent from every school, even if a school will not qualify, please submit the record sheet so that every school will be accounted for in the tournament.
- The tournaments will begin during the week of May 21, 2018. The district championship final games are tentatively scheduled as follows:
- A & AAA, Tuesday, May 29
- AA & AAAA, Wednesday, May 30 at 4:30 p.m.
- Class 6A will participate in a sub-regional tournament with District II
- Balls used for softball championship games are Spalding-Thunder Heat and will be provided by District IV.
- In order to keep the loss of balls to a minimum, each school should bring two (2) ball chasers.
- State playoff dates are June 4-15, 2018. Baseball will be held at the Medlar Field at Lubrano Park, Pennsylvania State University on Thursday & Friday, June 14-15, 2018.
- District IV softball will have; two-A teams, one-AA team, two-AAA teams and one-4A team.
- The following are the PIAA classifications by schools.
- AAAAAA - Williamsport
- AAAA - Athens, Danville, Jersey Shore, Midd-West, Milton, Selinsgrove, Shamokin, and Shikellamy. (8 teams)
- AAA - Bloomsburg, Central Columbia, Columbia Montour Vo-Tech, Hughesville, Lewisburg, Loyalsock, Mifflinburg, Montoursville, North Penn-Liberty, Our Lady of Lourdes, Towanda, Warrior Run and Wellsboro. (13 teams)
- AA - East Juniata, Line Mountain, Sayre, South Williamsport, Southern Columbia, Troy, Williamson and Wyalusing Valley. (8 teams)
- Benton, Bucktail, Canton, Cowanesque Valley, Galeton, Millville, Montgomery, Muncy, Northeast Bradford, St. John Neumann Regional Academy and Sullivan County. (11 teams)