Hal Stockdill - Chairman/North Section & District Tournament Director
Cell: (570) 447-4415
Mike Snyder - Central Section Director
Cell: (570) 279-6650
Chris Venna - Southern Section Director
Cell: (570) 205-1144
Sean McCann - District Co-Director
Cell: (570) 220-8024
- 2020-21 Handbook
- COVID-19 Screening Form
- Central Section Brackets
- North Section Brackets
- South Section Brackets
- AA District Brackets
- AA Northeast Regional Brackets
- AA East Super Regional Brackets
Friday, October 16, 2020:
Deadline for inputting team schedules into the OPC Calculator.
Friday, October 23, 2020:
First day for Minimum Wrestling Weight (MWW) Certification.
Friday, November 20, 2020:
1st Day of Practice.
Saturday, November 27, 2020:
1st Scrimmage Date.
Monday, December 7, 2020:
Last Day for Minimum Wrestling Weight Certification.
Friday, December 11, 2020:
1st regular season contest date.
Friday, December 25, 2020:
2lb Weight Allowance.
Wednesday, February 10, 2021:
9:00 a.m. Individual Seeding Deadline.
Friday, February 19, 2021:
Thursday, March 4, 2021:
Team Seeding Deadline.
Information For Teams Entering the District IV Wrestling Team Duals
- A maximum of 8 teams will qualify for the tournament.
- School must notify District IV Wrestling Chairman in writing of their intention to enter by noon on Thursday, March 4, 2021. Notification must include:
- Team Record
- Number of fans their gym will hold
- Every team must have a .500 record or better. If two Teams have the same winning percentage, the higher seed will go to:
- 2020-2021 head to head result.
- Greater number of matches wrestled.
- Coin flip by tournament director.
- District Deadline is March 20, 2021 (if 5-8 teams wrestle March 16, 4 teams wrestle March 18, Final 2 wrestle March 20).
- All matches start at 7:00 p.m. and will be played at the home of the higher seed. If the higher seeded team does not allow visiting spectators, the lower seeded team will host (provided they allow visiting spectators.) (No Rental Fee will be assessed by host schools. District IV will pay for a Game Manager, Site Manager, and the Contest Officials. Host schools are responsible for paying all other workers (including a trainer).
- All ticket sales will be done online through Hometown Ticketing. Every event will be set with a pre-determined number of tickets. Each school will receive ONE team code. The school administration is responsible for distribution of codes to athletes/parents of their teams. More information regarding online ticket sales is forthcoming. District IV will charge $6 for all tickets (plus additional fees set by Hometown Ticketing). Ticket availability split will be 60% (Home Team) & 40% (Away Team).
- No passes of any kind should be accepted for entry into contests.
- All schools will be required to sign off that no attending members, players, coaches, cheerleaders, etc., have exhibited COVID symptoms.
- School-based livestreaming is permissible for free once ticket sales are exhausted.
- Any profits from livestreaming from outside sources, such as TV, radio, web, etc, are the property of PIAA District IV.
- Officials will be assigned by District IV Committee.
- Home team must have a trainer on site.
- Only Champion advances.
Clarification on Masking
Once playoffs start, any team or individual athlete that refuses to compete due to masking requirements will forfeit.
Example: Team A requires all visiting teams to wear masks at any of their home events. Team A is the higher seed and set to host Team B. Team B has received a waiver to not wear masks during competition. If Team A says they will not play unless TEAM B wears masks, Team A would forfeit for refusing to compete.
Please communicate with schools before competitions (at least 24 hours prior if possible). Most issues can be resolved with good communication.